Our School

Our School

Friday, September 4, 2015

Thank you/ Math Workshop

Thank you so very much for coming to Curriculum Night this past Tuesday evening! I hope you have a better idea of what it is like to be a first grader at school!

We had a great week of learning! Take a look: 

They have been working on Math Workshop routines this week. On Monday the mini lesson had a video component about skip counting. They loved rockin' out and counting by 10', 5's and 2's. 


Independent practice: 

Using highlighters to show the
 skip counting patterns. 









Center Work: 

After they finished their skip counting 
patterns they went to their math center. 








Reading Mini Lesson:

They did a great job using their own "Reading Mat"- keep track and set goals! 
Read more and more!

1. I make a stack.
2. I read all of my books.
3. I read my way back.




Dates To Remember: 
9/7 No School
9/11 Concord Movie Night
9/16 Early Release
9/25 No School PD day
9/30 School Pictures


No comments:

Post a Comment